Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Another (hot) afternoon 10K training run

This afternoon, I left work on time to  meet my co-worker to run.  So we went a little farther since we had a little more time. 

The temperature certainly felt it had heated up since last week; but it was good for us to train in the heat since the weather will probably be warm (if not downright hot) for the 10K we plan to run on Memorial Day (Cotton Row).  I was definitely slower today (but considering how far off the nutrition wagon I fell this weekend, I surprised myself).  I was somewhat concerned because early into my run (less than a mile), my knee started stiffing up and aching badly - I was worried that I wouldn't finish. I managed to do it, but I really had to pay attention to my body signals and not push myself  to achieve try to prove something to myself. 

Not my best stats - but not bad for such a 'mature' diva as myself:
7.18 cal, 2:06:48 (pace 17:35), 728cal

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home