Monday, October 11, 2010

Running With Allergies

Fall is here and so are my allergies!  I never seemed to have a problem with seasonal allergies until later years (also seemingly now that I'm spending more time outdoors running - HMMM). Anyway, it can be frustrating - runny, itchy nose; sneezing, itchy, watery eyes - and it can certainly slow you down and put a dent in your training.  But it's always important to LISTEN TO and HEED YOUR BODY'S WARNINGS!!! I find it difficult running - my breathing gets labored.  So I just slow down and adjust.  My last race over the weekend was a prime example.  I did the Race for the Cure 5K this past Saturday - I had probably one of my best 5K's. - a sub 13:00/mil pace (41:28).  I got to mile 1 about mid-12:00/mil.  But my allergies were really killing me - ossacionally I struggled breathin (not so bad, but not normal either).  So I just slowed down because I wanted to make a strong finish.

The morale - Run to race another day!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home