Monday, November 12, 2012

The Phoenix is (slowly) Rising ...

The past few weeks, I've been rehabbing my knee.  This will be my last week in rehab, so I felt I should try to get back into the workout groove.  Today I was off from work, so I took to the gym earlier than usual (for me - about 3:00 pm).  I wanted to get into the pool first, but a fellow gym-goer (male) was in there.  Well, I decided to wait unit he finished and exited the pool - not that I was afraid as I was embarrassed to be seen in a swimsuit (LOL)..  Anyway, I did my cardio trio - exercise bike, treadmill, elliptical - for a total of 45 minutes:
Exercise/stationary bike - 15:00 - alpine pass (level 3) - 5.18 mi, 49 cal
Treadmill - 15:00 - sports 5K (4.00 mph) - 1.00 mi., 121 cal
Elliptical - 15:00 - autopilot - 0.88 mi, 95 cal
After getting up a modest sweat, I finally jumped into the pool for 30 minutes.  This was really a great way to end my workout - the water was warm, so it really helped to relax my muscles.When I finished, my knees were sore - but I expected that.
It's going to be a long road back to the track - but slow and steady wins the race.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home