Thursday, May 23, 2013

Glad to Find a Treddy

Well, I didn't want to be the person to say "I told you so", but ...

About an hour before quitting time this afternoon, one of those typical quick rain showers came through the area - I called my jogging buddy  SH to suggest we should probably run indoors on the treadmill in the gym (which was very close by) since the weather looked gloomy and scattered showers were in the forecast.  Well, being the optimist that she is, SH quipped it shouldn't be a problem; she quipped that that we will probably finish before the next round of showers.  She even joked with me about forecasting such bad news as if to doom our afternoon jog.  SH also isn't much of a treadmill fan; while I preferred running outdoors (the reasons and benefits are numerous), I did not relish the thought of getting caught running in a downpour.  Not to squash her enthusiasm, I agreed with SH to run outside after work.

When we started our jog, the partial cloudy skies became darker and more ominous off in the distance not too far from our location.  We could even hear some strong thunder in the distance.  SH still did not want to give in to run on the treadmill, chiding me (in a jokingly way) for being such a pessimist.  After about running for 15 minutes, SH came to the realization that  - if we stayed out any longer - we would certainly get drenched.  We were able to complete about a mile and half when SH gave in and followed my advice to finish our afternoon run in the gym.

Shortly after we started our jog on the treadmill, we could clearly hear the rain and thunder outside.  SH is a great sport  - she said she was glad that she had listened to me after all.  We finished about another mile and half on the treddy.  I even got in a little core work (abs, waist, back machines).

It wasn't exactly the workout I planned, but some movement is better than no movement at all.

Workout #1 of 3 - Run outdoors
1.57 mi, 26:17 (pace - 16:44/mi)

Workout #2 of 3 - Treadmill at the gym
1.53 mi, 23:05 (pace - 15:05/mi)
TOTAL for both runs: 3 min/49:22 (16:27 pace) - 240 cal

Workout #3 of 3 - Core exercises (machines - weight/reps/sets)
Ab crunches - 65/25/3
Torso twist - 50/15/2
Back extension - 65/50/1
 

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home