Sunday, June 16, 2013

Perfect 10 Plus

I finally started the Perfect 10 program (see post "Workout Week Preview: 6/9 - 15/2013" - June 9thstrength training routine today.  The program is completed over 4 days - Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri - but I moved to Sun  to start the week with some strength training.  I think as along as I stick with the pattern (number of days, workouts per day), I believe I will have the same results. 

After a 10:00 warm-up on the elliptical (0.38 mi), I proceeded with the workout.  I made a couple of substitutes since I couldn't do the exercises (squats and V sit-ups).  The program included alternate set of exercises to be completed once you perfect the initial set of exercises - I don't think these were intended to be substituted on an individual basis.

Today's workout for the Perfect 10 program called for 5 sets of the following exercises (amount of weight not given - determined by individual) (weight/reps/sets):
  • Seated angled leg press (sub for squats) - 25/20/5
  • Dumbbell curl - 20/20/5
  • 'Skull crusher' (overhead reverse curl on back) - 20/20/5
  • Barbell row - 20/20/5
  • Inclined sit-ups (sub for V sit-ups) - 15
Time - 1:00, 368 cal

On paper this seems like a relatively easy workout, but there was little resting between exercises or sets.  By the 3rd set, I was sweating. I'm looking forward to tomorrow's workout (LOL).

Also, I added some cardio to the mix by doing some high-intensity intermittent exercise ('bike sprints') - 8 sec 'high' speed riding followed by 12 sec recovery for 20 min (4.37 mi, 112 cal)


Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home