Thursday, June 6, 2013

Hot afternoon run

I don't know how much longer I can bear running in the late afternoon.  I was really scorching this afternoon.  I might have to take some of my afternoon runs inside (especially the longer ones - over 5 or 6 miles).  Most of the races I plan to run will either be in the morning or late evening (after 6 pm).

While my running used her Garmin, I took my phone on the run to see how the smartphone running apps compare (accuracy, etc.).  I've been having problems with my Blackberry (battery not keeping a charge, the phone re-booting unexpectedly, etc.) so I hadn't been using the apps.  Today I used the Trimble Outdoors AllSport GPS app.  My results was very close to the results on my co-worker's Garmin.  I really like the feedback (graphics, maps, charts, etc.).  However, the one thing I dislike about this app is that every time the phone freezes this is logged as a resting period. 



Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home