Sunday, March 13, 2011

March - My Month of Minor Medical Misfortunes (LOL)

Ahh, beware the Ides of March!  The utterance of such a poetic line has never been truer - at least for me.  With not even the first half of the month has yet vanished lest I have made numerous visits to various medical practitioners for a sundry list of ailments.  It's whimsical to me because after all I'm telling my tale with you in the vertical position - LMBO!!!  (And considering the alternative, I can deal with the discomforts and minor inconveniences.)

* Of course, you all are familiar with my knee trouble - getting rehab plus now fluid replacement shots to hopefully slow arthritis' progress.  And hopefully maintain some level/ability to continue 'runnning.
* A confirmed diagnosis of carpal tunnel syndrome - my right hand has been symptomatic for some time.  I've been working on better computing habits (ergo stuff with desk, positioning, posture, time, etc.) to help ease the pain - which has helped.  It's severe and the doctor is advising that I not put it off more than 6 months.  But the tests also indicate that I have it in my left hand, although I haven't had any symptoms.
* A couple of weeks ago, I was working in my flower bed and apparently came in contact with either poison oak, poison ivy, or poison somac.  I'm not certain which because all I remember is just lots of dead weeds taking over my flower bed and making it look horrible.  I noticed whelping, redness and had been scratching; I was using just about everything you could get OTC and nothing was helping.  So I went to the urgent care center a week ago, and got a steroid shot and pills.  Unfortunately, I think all that scratching made matters worse, which really didn't help much.  So I went to a dermo and got a prescription lotion and cream - almost $45.00!  I'm starting to see and feel some relief, but it's been slow too.

Needless to say, today was the first day after an extended hiatus that I made it to the gym for a workout - one hour of cardio exercise (25:00 recumbent bike, 25:00 modest walking on TM, and 15:00 on  elliptical).

Hopefully, the rest of the month is downhill - :)!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home