Sunday, November 18, 2012

Resistance Is (not) Futile (maybe) ...

Well, this week separates true athletes from the fair-weather pretenders (LOL)!  This is the real start of a nearly 6-week food smorgasbord extravaganza - all day pig (or turkey) fest Thanksgiving day and the endless parties and other occasions to gather around the table.  I must admit - I have been a food slave - not paying attention to portion sizes, etc. - and justifying by say "It's the holidays'.  The holidays may come only once a year - but they come every year.  And every day I let the fat accumulate around my waist or on my thighs, it seems like a lifetime to eliminate it.  But I'm stronger than the fleeting 15-second of bliss that chocolate cake puts on my palette.  But like any other fight, I must be armed to win - visualizing what my plate should look like, visualizing how my pants will feel around my waist when I've finished my dinner, having healthy snacks on hand on replace the bad ones ... 

Resistance doesn't have to be futile  ...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home