Sunday, December 16, 2012

'New generation' power walking

I used my Power Walk(TM) resistance bands for the 1st time today.  I must say it was more challenging than I thought it would be.  The bands keep your arms and legs moving - your arms tend not to drop and you feel the burn in your legs and arms as you move.  Also, you can incorporate other movements in your walk.  But I think that's something you should work up to - I did complete a few minutes (about 5:00) of  'core twist' (twisting at the waist from side to side with the bands) which certainly was not easy.  I managed to finish 35:00 and walked 1.86 miles (according to my pedometer).  Since I don't think I'll be running races in the future, I think using these resistance bands while I walk will help make me stronger and maybe even faster in a race.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home