Sunday, December 16, 2012

Road to Victory 2013

Not wanting to be like the rest of the crowd, I'm setting my New Year's resolution now.  Why put off tomorrow what you can do today? 

Part of the motivation is before I'm approaching a milestone birthday next year (2013).  Earlier this year I started my 50 by 50 campaign. I must say that I haven't been very successful. I believe I can still make the goal, but I must be more deliberate and put a plan of action in place.  Also, I have an incentive to keep me motivation - a cute little outfit I purchased awhile back I want to wear on that great day:


"New Me" Gear


Rock N Roll Goddess

Part of the motivation is the realization that running is likely out of my future fitness Due to the progress of arthritis in my knees I know I need to find out other avenues to shape up. 

And part of the  motivation is that my mom is always teasing me about all the 'toys' (exercise equipment )I've purchased and eventually become dust collectors (how many of us can relate to that - LOL).  My personal equipment arsenal (the 'toys' I can use at home/outside the gym):

GAZELLE


POWER WALK


X-SLIDER
 










 
So, I've put together a workout plan to resurrect these toys and create a comprehensive program for overall fitness.  I've include cardio, core, strength, and flexibility training.  And I'm not relying just on the numbers on the scales to let me know I'm meeting my goals.  I'm also tracking my measurements, as well as data such as pace, speed, weights, sets, and reps.  I think this will give me a more complete picture of my overall fitness.


I haven't been able to buy my dream GPS heart rate monitor (still trying to decide on brand, model, features, etc. - and of course - price), so I've purchased a modestly priced pedometer and heart rate watch (together less than $100) to fill the void and at least capture the basic data I can't capture with my smartphone GPS app in the interim.

Of course, exercise is just one component.  I struggle with keeping my eating under control.  One sure way for me is - and has always been - Weight Watchers.  It has been several months since I attended a meeting.  Attending meetings certainly help - not just the motivation but also accountability.  I will attend my 1st meeting this week after a long hiatus - if nothing else it will help me maintain during the holidays.

My goals for 2013:
1) Lose 50 lbs by my birthday (May 8th)
2) Look absolutely sexy in my Rock N Roll Goddress outfit (above)
3) Sustain a sub-14:00/mi pace
4) Finish a marathon
5) Learn to swim

Come join me on my Road to Victory in 2013!
 



Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home