Monday, May 27, 2013

Mercedes Benz Cotton Row 2013

Today I ran the Mercedes Benz Cotton Row 10K.  It was not my best finish, but I didn't finish last. (Whew!)  For at least the first 3 miles or so, the police was right up on my rear.  And that certainly was not a good feeling.  There was a handful of runners slightly ahead of me and as long as I kept them in my sight, I felt I could have a good finish. I started feeling good about the race when, after I recovered from the 'monster' hill at mile 3, I got my 2nd wind.  Miles 3 and 4 were relatively level and mile 4 was shady for most of the span.  About half-way into mile 4, I past 2 of the runners (they were older than me -  60+ - which made me feel a little guilty about feeling good about passing them.  I made good momentum going downhill into mile 5.  About halfway into mile 5, I passed the last runner I had been 'chasing' the whole race. I don't think this lady liked this because she made certain that she crossed the finish line before I did.

Official time - 1:33:41 (pace - 15:06/mil)

My mobile phone GPS app registered my distance a little farther than the actual course (I did short it about 30 sec before crossing the start line).

My knees didn't pain me much during the race and as along as I was moving (thanks to 2 Advils before).  But once I sat down fro awhile, my knees did get stiff.  I definitely will take a long soak tonight. (LOL).









Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home