Sunday, June 23, 2013

Talladega 21000 (half marathon) training - Week 1, Day 1

Today (6/23/13) was my 1st training run for my half marathon training for the Talladega 21000 (9/22/13).

I got off to a later start than I had planned (8:00 am), but I decided I couldn't wait until this evening (family was visiting so I know if I waited until later, later would become never).

The smartphone app (MapMyRun) I was using started off working good.  I looked periodically at the app on my smartphone so I knew how far I had jogged.  About half way through the run (around 2.93 m), I noticed the app had zero'd out.  I apparently touched the screen by accident which caused the app to stop recording - which really frustrated me.  Fortunately I was always wearing my heart monitor watch so I could keep up with my time. 

I was thinking about cutting my run short (hot, cloudy, legs were mushy, breathing wheezy, hot, very muggy), but with each mile I decided to keep going.  When I got to the end of my run (2nd go-round on my app - 3.23 mi), the same time happened the 1st time - the app zero'd out.  I don't think it was the app - it was the operator (LOL).

It certainly wasn't my best run (6.16 mi, 1:40:16, pace - 16:16/mi).  I hadn't worked out since Wednesday; had been eating bad over the weekend (fried chicken, tacos, etc.); slacked up on my water intake about mid-week.

After the jog, I went to the gym and did about 25 min of stretching and slow walking.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home