Tuesday, June 17, 2014

21 Day Food Rehab Restart - Day 1 (6/17/14)

I found this posted on Facebook this week and decided to jump-start my eating habits by following these guidelines.  Also, after reading the post, I decided to visit the website (www.BlackWeightLossSuccess.com) to learn more about the challenge: June 2014 Portion Control Challenge.  Interestingly, many of the guidelines and principles discussed on the website are well-promoted by the medical community - keeping a food diary, reading food labels, set a daily calorie target, eating more, smaller meals, etc. This is a testament that there are affordable weight management options if you are willing to do the research,

As a general rule of thumb, it always a good idea to validate health information with reputable sources - your physician is always a good starting point.  

I posted this in my kitchen, even at work!  Sometimes the worst place for me to manage my eating is my office.  I'm engaging co-workers to help me stay on track.  The more people you are accountable to, the more likely you will be accountable.

Day 1 meals
Breakfast - bran cereal, skim milk, bananas, Splenda, coffee
Snack - banana
Lunch - salad greens, reduced-fat cheese, grilled chicken breast, sugar-free raspberry vinaigrette dressing
Snack - banana
Dinner - broiled chicken thigh, lima beans, summer squash with low-fat cheese 

Surprisingly I didn't feel deprived.  For the most part, I wasn't hungry.

On to Day 2!


Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home