Thursday, March 24, 2011

More info on Birmingham's newest race event

Earlier this year (1/17/2011), I put a post on my blog about a new race event that American Idol star Ruben Studdard was working to bring to Birmingham later this year. This event will be one of several weekend-long events supporting the Ruben Studdard Foundation for the Advancement of  Children in the Music Arts -  http://www.rubenstuddardfoundation.org/. Well, the website for the Ruben Studdard Celebration Weekend featuring the BHAM Marathon - http://www.bhammarathon.com/.  I am very excited about the event and am spreading the word to get momentum for the event.

Here's a press release I found on the ahotu Marathons website:   http://marathons.ahotu.com/archives/850-ruben-studdard-bringing-new-marathon-to-birmingham.  I am sure there are others. 

I hope you will spread the word among your fellow running buds so this can be a great inaugural event for Birmingham's native son as well as the City of Birmingham.

I encourage everyone to go the the BHAM Marathon website and sign up for the newsletter so you can stay up-to-date on the race details.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Friday, March 25, 2011 at 1:41:00 PM EDT , Blogger Mary McManus said...

I so wish I lived closer Tracy. This sounds like an awesome event. Have you posted it on Just Finish? Hugs and Happy Training!

 
At Sunday, March 27, 2011 at 1:31:00 PM EDT , Blogger SweetIceT said...

Thanks, Mary. Yes, I did. Maybe some of the folks there who are closer can participate. Saw your posts on FB. I see hubby had a great run! Maybe we will meet one day. You plan to do any races in the Southeast anytime in the future - Georgia maybe?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home