Sunday, January 20, 2013

Cold morning run on the trail

Went out on a local running trail this morning for a short run (4.02 mi, 779 cal, 57:12, avg speed 4.2 mph, avg pace 14:17 - I left my heart rate watch in the car, so I had to rely on the fitness GPS app on my phone).
 
It was quite cold this morning (about 35 deg. F at about 8 am). And the cold air certainly had an effect on my breathing - it was quite labored through at least have the time I was running. My knees were a still stiff after my workout the night before (30:00 on the stationary bike), but surprisingly my knees didn't feel any worse after running (not to say I didn't have some pain).

My run got off to a frustrating start because the app I usually use froze up (micoach).  So I tried a 2nd one (runtastic), and it wouldn't work either - which was usually because these two are generally very reliable.  I resorted to a 3rd one (not often used) - Trimble Outdoors AllSports GPS.  The program kept freezing up, so the app counted that as resting time.  I think the issue was probably with my phone (I have a Blackberry - it's time for a serious upgrade).

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home