Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tracking workouts at the gym

I recently joined the local YMCA and found a new program that helps plan and track your workouts.  The Y uses MobileFitTM



Tonight was the 1st time I used the system.  Based on your answers to a short survey about your health and fitness goals, your past workout history, your workout preferences, etc., your enter your responses into a kiosk (look like an ATM) and the system builds a customizable workout plan for you.  Also, you are assigned a coach to whom you can provide feedback on your workouts, ask questions, etc. These are actually coaches that worked at the Y, but I didn't get a chance to talk with my coach because she wasn't on the schedule to work today.  You can customize the workouts that the system generates by adding, deleting, and replacing exercises, as well as changing the number of reps and sets, and amount of weight.  You print out your workout or send them to your mobile phone while at the gym.  And you can access the program online from your PC or tablet.

Tonight I did some strength training and 30 minutes of cardio.  I didn't complete all of the strength exercises (the MobileFit generated 13 exercises for me to do) since I got to the gym late.  Also, I had to change the weights on some of the routines because these were just too heavy for me.  In my feedback to my coach, I did note these adjustments to my workout - waiting to see what feedback I get from the coach (and more importantly, how long it takes for her to respond to me):
* Standing Hip Abductor (with band)
* Hip Adductor (on machine)
* Curled Bar Curl
* Dumbbell Standing Shoulder Press
* Long Lever Arm Crunch (arms extended overhead) - I added some resistance by holding a 5-lb weight.
* Hip Oblique Stretch
* Lower back Stretch

My cardio was on an elliptical (Octane Fitness Q35c) - this was different inasmuch by changing your stride (lengthening/ shortening), you can walk, jog, or run

31:14, 3.71 mi, 233 cal

 
 
 
Can't wait to see what new workout the MobileFit program has in store for me on my next check-in!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home