Monday, April 1, 2013

HILLS! HILLS! HILLS!

Well, after a very surprising finish at last Saturday's 5K (finished Rumpshaker in 43:41, a 14:05-/mil pace - the official chip time), I've turned my attentions to a run that I been advertised as the South's TOUGHEST 15K - the Ellis Porch  Statute 2 Statute 15K Run. I have been told by those who have done the race describe the course as very hilly - as the race starts and finishes at two ionic landmarks in the city.  I've been trying to  find a course map online so I could at least drive the course so I would know what to expect.  I've started working on increasing my distances and elevations in my training runs  - this afternoon's being the 1st such training run.  I started a little later this afternoon that I had planned so I didn't go as far as I liked (only 3.6 mi) but I certainly increased elevations.  Considering I think I did great - 3.4 mi, 53:11, (15:38/mil pace), 662 cal.  Hopefully I'll find that course map online - the race is on the 20th of this month.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home