Friday, February 8, 2013

The Long Ride (training for cycling fundraiser for ovarian cancer)

I recently registered to participate in a 6-hr indoor cycling event to raise funds and awareness for ovarian cancer - Ovarian Cycle Birmingham - Ride to Change the Future - taking place on Feb. 24th.  In preparation for the event, participants can follow a 6-week training program, riding for extended periods of time (90 mins- 4 hours).  Tonight's workout was my 3rd training ride - I had to split the workout into 2 segments since the bike is programmed to go a maximum of one hour:

Segment #1 - Random Hills (level 1)
60:12, 18.83 mi, 358 cal, avg HR 101

Segment #2 - Alpine Pass (level 1)
60:04, 21.85 mi, 391 cal, avg HR 99

TOTAL
1:00:16, 39.68 mi, 794 cal

I took 2 large pillows wrapped in a towel to sit on, but the pillows kept moving out of place on the seat to the point it was just as uncomfortable as sitting on the seat without the pillows. [Definitely need those cycling shorts .- :) ].

The legs didn't feel too bad after I finished, although my knees were somewhat stiff.  But now that it's been a couple of hours since I left the gym, my legs definitely was felling heavy (LOL)!

I doubt I'll be working out tomorrow (LOL)!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home