Sunday, March 4, 2012

Training for the Next Big Event - Country Music? - Week#1

One of running pals just registered for Country Music (half), and asked if I would too. The race is only 8 weeks away, so that means I'll have to really work hard to get in the miles.  I found a 16-week training plan in the March/April '12 edition of Women's Running magazine - "The Busy's Half-Marathon Plan". The focus of the training is I'm only doing latter 'half' (sorry for the pun) of the plan - it has the higher mileage long runs (longest being 12). So here I go!

Week 1 (3/4/ - 3/10/12)
Sun (3/4/12) - Cross training
Mon (3/5/12) - Tempo
Tues (3/6/12) - Cross training (lower body strength training)
Wed (3/7/12) - Rest
Thurs (3/8/12) - Long Run (10 miles)
Fri (3/9/12) - Cross training (upper body strength training)
Sat (3/10/12) - 5K race (interval training)

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home